Returns and Refunds
Thank you for your purchase. We hope you are happy with your purchase. However, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to us for a full refund. Please see below for more information on our return policy.
All returns must be postmarked within sixty (60) days of the purchase date. All returned items must be in new and unused condition, with all original tags and labels attached.
Items returned in poor condition may be subject to additional fees or will be returned to the customer at cost.
To return an item, please email customer service at email@example.com to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. After receiving a RMA number, place the item securely in its original packaging, and mail your return to the following address:
The Hairpin Leg Co. Returns
RMA: Please contact us for an RMA number
Unit A1 Stephenson Road
Swindon, Wiltshire SN25 5AX
Return shipping charges will be paid or reimbursed by us for most returns. Please see the fair usage policy below.
Free Returns Policy
Our free returns promise covers mainland UK for items purchased on our website. To be eligible for a free return, you must contact us and use the shipping labels that we supply.
Fair Usage Policy
Free returns are subject to a fair usage policy, which covers 95% of orders. We cannot provide free returns for the following orders:
- Any order requiring collection outside of mainland UK.
- Returns with a product value of less than £15 in total.
- Returns with a product value of over £1000 in total.
- Returns with a total weight of more than 70kg.
- For more than 3 separate returns for the same customer in a 30 day period.
For defective or damaged products, please see the section below.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that products are sufficiently packaged for their return journey. This means that you must use the original packaging and protective materials, securely wrapped as they arrived. Failure to do so may result in a “loss of value” fee being applied to your return to cover damage that cannot be reclaimed from the courier's insurance.
- If you are returning via your own courier, please ensure a tracked and insured service is used. We will not be able to refund items lost or damaged in transit.
- We reserve the right to retract any promotional offers that are nullified due to a change in order. i.e. buy one get one free, free shipping over £50. The refunded amount may be adjusted to reflect any change in offers.
Other Shipping Charges
For orders not covered within our free returns policy, shipping charges incurred in connection with the return of a product are non-refundable.
You are responsible for paying the costs of shipping and for the risk of loss of or damage to the product during shipping, both to and from The Hairpin Leg Company.
Any outbound shipping charges paid to us in addition to the product cannot be refunded.
Damaged or Faulty Items
Please check over your order thoroughly on arrival. We will need to be notified of any issues within 7 days by email. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue and some photos.
If you fail to contact us within this time we may not be able to process your return.
Damaged items must be shipped back to us in original packaging and protection.
Desks & Ready Made Items
We cannot accept any items back if they have been assembled. Please ensure you check your items over before assembly of the product.
Rusted Raw Steel
Raw steel table legs will rust over time. The items should arrive with you with a light coating and be free from rust. If you choose to not paint or finish your legs then rust should be periodically cleaned off. We cannot accept back rusted items.
Unless explicitly stated on the product page, none of our products are commercially graded for outdoor use. While we have many people who do use them in this way, performance is not guaranteed.
Currently only zinc and stainless steel table legs are suitable for long term outdoor use.
If you have any questions concerning our return policy, please contact us at: